Concurrency with Modern C++ is a journey through current and upcoming concurrency in C++.
- C++11 and C++14 have the basic building blocks for creating concurrent or parallel programs.
- With C++17 we got the parallel algorithms of the Standard Template Library (STL). That means, most of the algorithms of the STL can be executed sequential, parallel, or vectorized.
- The concurrency story in C++ goes on. With C++20 we can hope for extended futures, coroutines, transactions, and more.
This book explains the details of concurrency in modern C++ and gives you, in addition, many running code examples. Therefore you can combine the theory with the practices and get the most of it.
Because this book is about concurrency, I present a lot of pitfalls and show you how to overcome them.
Here is the book on Leanpub.
Thanks a lot to my Patreon Supporters: Matt Braun, Roman Postanciuc, Tobias Zindl, Marko, G Prvulovic, Reinhold Dröge, Abernitzke, Frank Grimm, Sakib, Broeserl, António Pina, Sergey Agafyin, Андрей Бурмистров, Jake, GS, Lawton Shoemake, Animus24, Jozo Leko, John Breland, espkk, Louis St-Amour, Venkat Nandam, Jose Francisco, Douglas Tinkham, Kuchlong Kuchlong, Robert Blanch, Truels Wissneth, Kris Kafka, Mario Luoni, Neil Wang, Friedrich Huber, lennonli, Pramod Tikare Muralidhara, Peter Ware, Daniel Hufschläger, Red Trip, Alessandro Pezzato, Evangelos Denaxas, Bob Perry, Satish Vangipuram, Andi Ireland, Richard Ohnemus, Michael Dunsky, Leo Goodstadt, Eduardo Velasquez, John Wiederhirn, Yacob Cohen-Arazi, Florian Tischler, Robin Furness, Michael Young, Holger Detering, Haken Gedek, Bernd Mühlhaus, Challanger, Matthieu Bolt, Stephen Kelley, and Kyle Dean.
Thanks in particular to Jon Hess, Lakshman, Christian Wittenhorst, Sherhy Pyton, Dendi Suhubdy, Sudhakar Belagurusamy, Richard Sargeant, Rusty Fleming, Ralf Abramowitsch, and John Nebel.
My special thanks to Embarcadero
My special thanks to PVS-Studio
My new mentoring program "Fundamentals for C++ Professionals" starts in April. Get more information here: https://bit.ly/MentoringProgramModernesCpp.
I'm happy to give online seminars or face-to-face seminars worldwide. Please call me if you have any questions.
Standard Seminars (English/German)
Here is a compilation of my standard seminars. These seminars are only meant to give you a first orientation.
- Phone: +49 7472 917441
- Mobil:: +49 176 5506 5086
- German Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.de
- English Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.net