I'm looking for proofreaders for my new book. I'll give you a detailed insight into the current and the upcoming concurrency in C++. This insight includes the theory and a lot of practice.
Let me show you the Cover and let me say a few words About the Book.
About the book
Concurrency with Modern C++ is a journey through current and upcoming concurrency in C++.
- C++11 and C++14 have the basic building blocks for creating concurrent or parallel programs.
- With C++17 we got the parallel algorithms of the Standard Template Library (STL). That means, most of the algorithms of the STL can be executed sequential, parallel, or vectorized.
- The concurrency story in C++ goes on. With C++20 we can hope for extended futures, coroutines, transactions, and more.
For a better idea of my book, I attached a very early first version (10% completed) of my book. At least you get a concrete idea of the content.
You can download it here: ConcurrencyWithModernC++.pdf.
Here a the missing facts about proofreading my new book.
Who will publish it?
- I will publish the book at Leanpub: Here is the book page: Concurrency with Modern C++. Therefore, the book will be available in pdf, epub, and mobi format.
- It is quite probable the book will be published in a printed version in German and Korean.
When will it be published?
- I will publish the book after the first iteration of the proofreaders. That will be in 2-3 weeks. Therefore, the book will be 30 - 50% completed.
What's your job?
- Proofreading the entire book.
- Look for errors in the book. I assume, your main job is to look for syntax errors in the wording. My English improved a lot due to my first English book The C++ Standard Library for Leanpub and my English blog. But, of course, my mother tongue is German.
- Make further suggestions about the content and the structure of the book.
What are the requirements for proofreading?
- To be honest, you have not to be a C++ expert.
- English should be your mother tongue.
- If I'm done with a new chapter. You will get an update on the book. Therefore, you should proofread the chapter. This update will be in pdf. Make your remarks directly into the pdf. That works best for you and me. It is not necessary, that you will do it immediately. But to publish a new version of the book, its quality should be sufficient enough.
What do you get?
- A digital version of the book and all updates.
- I will mention you in the book and as a contributor on the Leanpub book page.
- 1 % of the Leanpub royalties. Therefore, I need your Paypal email address. I see no way to automate this process. You will get your share if the royalties reach 1000 $, 2000 $, 3000 $, and so on. Once more, to get your share, you have to read the entire book.
- Use the contact button in the left column of this webpage.
- The call for proofreaders is open for one week. Therefore, it will end on the 5th of June.
- I'm looking for 5-8 proofreaders. So if more than 8 want to proofread the book, I have to choose the right ones. Therefore, it helps me a lot if you say a few words about yourself. That is only necessary if I don't know you.
Thanks a lot to my Patreon Supporters: Matt Braun, Roman Postanciuc, Tobias Zindl, Marko, G Prvulovic, Reinhold Dröge, Abernitzke, Frank Grimm, Sakib, Broeserl, António Pina, Sergey Agafyin, Андрей Бурмистров, Jake, GS, Lawton Shoemake, Animus24, Jozo Leko, John Breland, Louis St-Amour, Venkat Nandam, Jose Francisco, Douglas Tinkham, Kuchlong Kuchlong, Robert Blanch, Truels Wissneth, Kris Kafka, Mario Luoni, Neil Wang, Friedrich Huber, lennonli, Pramod Tikare Muralidhara, Peter Ware, Daniel Hufschläger, Alessandro Pezzato, Evangelos Denaxas, Bob Perry, Satish Vangipuram, Andi Ireland, Richard Ohnemus, Michael Dunsky, Leo Goodstadt, John Wiederhirn, Yacob Cohen-Arazi, Florian Tischler, Robin Furness, Michael Young, Holger Detering, Bernd Mühlhaus, Matthieu Bolt, Stephen Kelley, Kyle Dean, Tusar Palauri, Dmitry Farberov, Juan Dent, George Liao, Daniel Ceperley, Jon T Hess, Stephen Totten, and Wolfgang Fütterer.
Thanks in particular to Jon Hess, Lakshman, Christian Wittenhorst, Sherhy Pyton, Dendi Suhubdy, Sudhakar Belagurusamy, Richard Sargeant, Rusty Fleming, Ralf Abramowitsch, John Nebel, Mipko, and Alicja Kaminska.
My special thanks to Embarcadero
My special thanks to PVS-Studio
I'm happy to give online seminars or face-to-face seminars worldwide. Please call me if you have any questions.
Standard Seminars (English/German)
Here is a compilation of my standard seminars. These seminars are only meant to give you a first orientation.