Concurrency with Modern C++ is a journey through current and upcoming concurrency in C++. This the last early version of my book. Only a small chapter including the best practices is missing.
- C++11 and C++14 have the basic building blocks for creating concurrent or parallel programs.
- With C++17 we got the parallel algorithms of the Standard Template Library (STL). That means, most of the algorithms of the STL can be executed sequential, parallel, or vectorized.
- The concurrency story in C++ goes on. With C++20 we can hope for extended futures, coroutines, transactions, and more.
This book explains the details of concurrency in modern C++ and gives you, in addition, many running code examples. Therefore you can combine the theory with the practices and get the most of it.
Because this book is about concurrency, I present a lot of pitfalls and show you how to overcome them.
Here is the book on Leanpub.
Thanks a lot to my Patreon Supporters: Matt Braun, Roman Postanciuc, Tobias Zindl, Marko, G Prvulovic, Reinhold Dröge, Abernitzke, Frank Grimm, Sakib, Broeserl, António Pina, Sergey Agafyin, Андрей Бурмистров, Jake, GS, Lawton Shoemake, Animus24, Jozo Leko, John Breland, espkk, Louis St-Amour, Venkat Nandam, Jose Francisco, Douglas Tinkham, Kuchlong Kuchlong, Robert Blanch, Truels Wissneth, Kris Kafka, Mario Luoni, Neil Wang, Friedrich Huber, lennonli, Pramod Tikare Muralidhara, Peter Ware, Tobi Heideman, Daniel Hufschläger, Red Trip, Alexander Schwarz, Tornike Porchxidze, Alessandro Pezzato, Evangelos Denaxas, Bob Perry, Satish Vangipuram, and Andi Ireland.
Thanks in particular to Jon Hess, Lakshman, Christian Wittenhorst, Sherhy Pyton, Dendi Suhubdy, Sudhakar Belagurusamy, Richard Sargeant, Rusty Fleming, and Said Mert Turkal.
My special thanks to Embarcadero
I'm happy to give online-seminars or face-to-face seminars world-wide. Please call me if you have any questions.
Standard Seminars (English/German)
Here is a compilation of my standard seminars. These seminars are only meant to give you a first orientation.
- Phone: +49 152 31965939
- German Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.de
- English Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.net