Something completely different. I'm looking for English proofreaders for my new book.
O'Reilly gave me my rights back to translate one of my German books to English. I like this book very much. Because it gives you the necessary stuff you should know about the current C++ standard library in about 250 pages.
Here is a picture of the German issue.
And here two critiques on amazon.
Here are the facts?
What is the relation to my German book?
- I will use the German book as a starting point.
- Based on your critique and my improvements, it may change a little be more or less during the writing.
Who will publish it?
- I wrote three books the traditional way, so I will this time give self-publishing a try: https://leanpub.com/
- In addition, it's very difficult for a German writer to publish a book in English. Although a lot of you asked me for my books.
When will it be published?
- My idea is, that I will pre-publish the book. That means I publish it if I'm done with about 40% of the book.
- I wrote about 15% of the book. So I'm trying to go publish this September.
What's your job?
- Proofread the chapters of the book you like. At least one of the 15 chapters.
- Look for syntax errors in the book (You know, there is a lot of potential in my English writing.)
What are the requirements for proofreading?
- You have not to be a C++ expert. To be honest. There is no need to know C++.
- English should be your mother tongue. Or something comparable.
- If you still want to participate, but your English is not good enough, you can pick up another aspect of the book and proofread it. That's fine for me.
What do you get?
- A digital version of the book and all updates.
- I will mention you in the book.
- Use the contact button in the left column of this webpage
My last words
If I forget an important info on this page, please make a comment or contact me and I will improve this page.
I'm very curious, how my plan will work out. If the book will become a success, I plan to write further books based on my blogs. I have a lot of ideas in my mind.
- Multithreading mit modern C++
- Embedded programming mit modern C++
- Functional programming in C++
- A style guide for writing modern C++
Thanks a lot to my Patreon Supporters: Matt Braun, Roman Postanciuc, Tobias Zindl, Marko, G Prvulovic, Reinhold Dröge, Abernitzke, Frank Grimm, Sakib, Broeserl, António Pina, Sergey Agafyin, Андрей Бурмистров, Jake, GS, Lawton Shoemake, Animus24, Jozo Leko, John Breland, espkk, Louis St-Amour, Venkat Nandam, Jose Francisco, Douglas Tinkham, Kuchlong Kuchlong, Robert Blanch, Truels Wissneth, Kris Kafka, Mario Luoni, Neil Wang, Friedrich Huber, lennonli, Pramod Tikare Muralidhara, Peter Ware, Daniel Hufschläger, Red Trip, Alessandro Pezzato, Evangelos Denaxas, Bob Perry, Satish Vangipuram, Andi Ireland, Richard Ohnemus, Michael Dunsky, Leo Goodstadt, Eduardo Velasquez, John Wiederhirn, Yacob Cohen-Arazi, Florian Tischler, Robin Furness, Michael Young, Holger Detering, Haken Gedek, Bernd Mühlhaus, Challanger, Matthieu Bolt, Stephen Kelley, and Kyle Dean.
Thanks in particular to Jon Hess, Lakshman, Christian Wittenhorst, Sherhy Pyton, Dendi Suhubdy, Sudhakar Belagurusamy, Richard Sargeant, Rusty Fleming, Ralf Abramowitsch, and John Nebel.
My special thanks to Embarcadero
My special thanks to PVS-Studio
My new mentoring program "Fundamentals for C++ Professionals" starts in April. Get more information here: https://bit.ly/MentoringProgramModernesCpp.
I'm happy to give online seminars or face-to-face seminars worldwide. Please call me if you have any questions.
Standard Seminars (English/German)
Here is a compilation of my standard seminars. These seminars are only meant to give you a first orientation.
- Phone: +49 7472 917441
- Mobil:: +49 176 5506 5086
- German Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.de
- English Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.net